Monday, August 21, 2006

My Secret Garden

Organic farming has become increasingly popular recently. It is the practice of growing plants, using only things found in nature. Absolutely no man-made chemicals are used. It is gardening without harmful and artificial chemicals, or other products not naturally found in nature.

Welcome to my secret organic garden

After weeks of hard work
and sweating, it's time for harvesting.

(Edible Amaranth, White Leaf)




Guess what flowers they are.






Yam lying on the Border




Turnip



Edible Amaranth, Tender Leaf

(Yin Choi)





Johanna, thanks for the little basil.





Edible Amaranth, Red Stripe Leaf




Red lettuce, growing very slowly



Don't panic, eat organic!

Morning Glory (Tung Choi)





The taste of these freshly-reaped Yin-Choi was terrific.



When the going gets tough
The tough gets growing!

6 comments:

kEV said...

I love the turnip. Can I have half of it?

GM5 said...

Turnip leave or root?

kEV said...

Root's better but I don't mind having both...

GM5 said...

Okay, but they are still very young and not ready for harvesting.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are very beautiful.
May I exchange my Italian lettuce with your red lettuce? :P

GM5 said...

Sure, Veronica. But, you have to be very patient. They are growing very slowly. haha!